Thursday, February 18, 2010

Regional Ties

Today I traveled up to Sandpoint to give a presentation. I hadn't spoken to this group since 2007 and it was so nice to again see several of the ladies I communicate with on a fairly regular basis by email and telephone!
In my job, we each have a "territory" to cover. My area consists of Idaho's 10 northern counties. It covers quite a wide geographical area - about 300 miles from the Canadian border to the southern-most tip of my area, and border-to-border, west to east. The terrain varies, from significant mountain ranges in the north to prairie land as you travel south. Industries also vary within the region, and employers encounter problems specific to their industry. In my 20-plus years with the Department, I've gained positive, professional relationships with many of these employers. In all those years, I've learned one very important thing. Whether logging contractors or farmers, they all take great pride in living and working in our beautiful North/North Central Idaho. It's the regional tie that binds us all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment