Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year, New Commitment

It's January 6th (almost the 7th) and I'm just getting around to doing something I want to do in 2010...That is to write in this blog every day. I don't know how it will go yet. There are so many days where I simply have nothing to say that I feel would be worth posting in a blog. But, I've always fancied having a place to speak my piece - To express my view of things, warped as they often are. I have several friends who are faithful bloggers. I love to read their daily entries - Peak into their lives. I feel in touch with them that way, because most of them live far enough away so that I can't talk to them every day. Maybe I desire to do the same for them. At any rate, I've joined NaBloPoMo (? that's probably not quite right, but I'm new, so I hope they'll forgive me until I learn to properly state their name). This is something to help me stay accountable. I don't know why I need something or someone to be accountable to in order to do the things I want to or I should, but I do. I belong to WeightWatchers online, just to help me lose some necessary weight. I don't take advantage of their tips or recipes...I simply use it to log my weight each week. I could do that on a piece of notebook paper, but somehow, posting it online makes me feel more motivated to lose the weight! Go figure.

I've also made it a point to begin doing more activities I enjoy, so I am learning papercrafting. I'm doing that for several reasons. However, the 'A' type-part of my personality keeps creeping in, so believe it or not, I'm also selling the crafting supplies and teaching workshops! Interesting, since I don't yet know that much about it! Just another part of the conflicting lifestyle I seem to want to lead! It wears me out! I have health issues that require I get adequate sleep, yet I can't seem to get the sleep I need. Yes folks, I guess you could say I'm a walking contradiction, but I'm learning to accept it and trying to acquire some kind of balanced life. Many of my friends and family do get a great deal of entertainment watching my antics, so stay tuned...You may get a chuckle or 2 yourself! And now, I've managed to post the first blog as a "committed" blogger. Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment