Sunday, January 31, 2010

Here We Go!

Wow, the month of January flew past! And NaBloPoMo topic for February is "ties", so I guess I'll give it a shot!

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the word "ties" was the Gonzaga game the other night. They were playing a team they really should have handily beaten, the "Dons" of San Francisco, but guess what?? The game ended in a TIE, and went into overtime. I must tell you here that I am not a sports fan...Or maybe I'm a fair weather sports fan, because I never miss the playoffs, the Super Bowl, the Big Dance, the Daytona 500, and on and on. But, I'm not a died-hard, watch-every-game- kind of fan. My husband, however, is a DIEHARD fan, and a fan of every single sport that exists. And when HE watches a Zags game, you'd better get out of the way...So, you can imagine the angst when the Zags went into overtime against a team he thought they should have easily beaten. Comments continuously emanated from the kitchen (where he watches a lot of his sports). "The Zags are gonna lose! Can you believe it?? They are going to LOSE!!" "Do you know they had a 23 conference game streak?? THEY HAVEN'T HAD A CONFERENCE GAME LOSS IN OVER 2 YEARS!! AND NOW THIS!!" There is also a lot of feet shuffling, fist banging and lots of 'damns'. Boy, life in this house would be a lot less stressful if colleges would just let their games end in a TIE.

No comments:

Post a Comment