Saturday, February 28, 2009

Disgruntled Customer

I have been a TV cable customer of yours since before you owned the company, and I have NEVER, to my knowledge, been late with a monthly payment. I began paying my bill online last summer sometime and never had a problem with it until NOW. On February 8, I paid my bill online as usual, but evidently accidentally entered a wrong number for my bank account. Because of this, I was notified on February 25, 2009, by telephone, that I was in jeopardy of losing service! NO inquiries, no prior notification from you that there was a problem. On February 26, 2009, we hand-walked a check into your local office, in the amount of $98.00, to cover the cost of the monthly payment of $73.23, plus a $25.00 fee for the mistake. Now today, TWO days later, I get notification that I owe you money again and that it is due ON RECEIPT! I would accept this as a matter of "the bill was issued before we received your payment, tee-hee, just ignore this", but this time, I think not! I can swallow my pride, accept my mistake and move on, but I am NOT going to make amends by paying you EVERY TWO DAYS!

One month ago, ONLY AFTER MY HUSBAND'S INQUIRY, we discovered that we had been OVERPAYING for services by not bundling! NO one ever made us aware that this was an option. We've had internet and TV through you since the company was USA MEDIA(CHECK MY EMAIL ADDRESS). HOW ABOUT A LITTLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, PEOPLE? We have been loyal customers, even after several of our neighbors went to satellite service due to the lousy reception we get from you. When we FINALLY learned of this option (only after my husband inquired as to why our bill kept increasing), we were given a credit, making Feb's amount $73.23, which is the amount I paid on Feb 8th, EIGHT DAYS BEFORE IT WAS DUE. Given the fact that I've been a customer from the time you offered 3 channels and a test pattern, when the error I made was discovered, COULD ONE OF YOU FINE FOLKS NOT HAVE CALLED OR EMAILED ME TO LET ME KNOW OF MY ERROR, GIVING ME THE CHANCE TO CORRECT IT? Instead, I get a phone call saying I'M GOING TO HAVE MY SERVICE INTERRUPTED unless I pay up right away, AND NOT JUST THE PAYMENT AMOUNT, BUT ALSO A $25.00 fee for a simple entering error I made while paying my bill online, effectively erasing the "credit" we were to receive for bundling our services (how convenient!). And do NOT suggest to me that signing up for automatic bill pay would have alleviated this problem. I do NOT trust your business enough to allow you to automatically withdraw money from my bank account!

By the way, thanks to your "quality" service, I had to watch the Super Bowl via a live feed from CANADA!! You may be interested in learning that Canadians evidently aren’t entertained by SUPER BOWL COMMERCIALS, and as a result, we didn't get to watch them either (so much for the damn 3D glasses!) If you're going to use the excuse that Canada's feed got in there for some unknown reason, HOW DO YOU EXPECT US TO TRUST YOU WITH OUR INTERNET SERVICES? For all I know, someone's hacking into my computer as I write this!
Have you noticed yet that I a currently COMPLETELY DISSATISFIED WITH YOUR SERVICE?
In summary, I will pay my cable bill WHEN IT BECOMES DUE ON THE 16TH OF THE MONTH. As far as your current bill to me in the amount of $189.00, well, you know what you can do with THAT. Finally, if you cannot show me some better reception and CUSTOMER SERVICE instead of making me feel like a scam artist as a result of an innocent mistake, I will take my business elsewhere, just as several of my friends and neighbors have already done. By the way, you really should let the folks in your Osburn office run your business for you. It is evident that THEY care a little bit more about having our business than you do!

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment