Friday, January 30, 2009

More Past Meanderings....

Here's another post from my old blog....It was actually labeled "mature" by the blogsite, so if you wanted to read it, you had to get some sort of combination from somewhere to open it. So now, here it is, EVERY SAUCY AND UNCENSORED BIT OF IT, MAN! READ WITH CAUTION!!!

Jul 17th, 2007
PUT YOUR PANTS ON!!
It's summer. It's hot. I've been through many hot, dry summers. In the distant past, it was never a problem. Wear a shirt to bed - that's enough! A tee shirt was good and helped ensure a good night's sleep.

Suddenly, during my 52nd year, it's not so easy anymore. Oh, the tee shirt in bed is fine....Walking around OUT of the bed is the problem. Suddenly, I don't feel comfortable running out on the porch to get the paper in the morning! Hell, I don't feel comfortable walking through the HOUSE in the morning!! So now when I get up, the search immediately begins for something "presentable" to wear.

When did the knees start sagging? When did the butt start hitting the back of the knees? And WHY DO I CARE?? I care because I can remember a time, long, long ago. The time was 1969. Just a few years after "The Summer of Love", when all at once, women everywhere decided it was just fine to burn their bras and run outside in a tee shirt, feeling all sexy and free, when in fact, all many of them did was demonstrate Newton's law of gravity!! The really scary thing was that some of those women were old enough to be our mothers!! YIKES!! I vowed to myself then that I WOULD NEVER DO THAT WHEN I TURNED 50!!! No matter how great I look to myself, I WILL NOT RUN NAKED IN THE STREET. I've been there and done that (well, figuratively speaking). And now it's time for me to allow my "little sisters" to take over for me.

YOU GO GIRLS!! AND DON'T MAKE ME COME OUT THERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment