Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Time was growing near for me to head back to Idaho and start applying my newly acquired techniques. I was pretty excited. For the first time in my life, I wasn't totally dreading leaving my kids. Of course I was sad to be saying goodbye, but I was anxious to get back home and get my new life started! And things just seemed to get better and better every day. I was scheduled to fly out of Myrtle on Friday, but it just so happened that Carly was scheduled to come to Myrtle that weekend for a get together with her dad. Josh called and asked her (unbeknownst to me) if I could ride with them back to North Carolina so I could see her, Carson and my oldest son Rick, his wife Jen, and my granddaughter Maris. Carly readily agreed. So, Josh called the airlines (or maybe he went online), got my flight changed to the following Monday, flying out of Charlotte, then broke the news to me. I was absolutely ecstatic!! The one flaw in this otherwise perfect trip was going to be mended! I WAS going to be able to see my daughter, my oldest son, and their families!! It was just too good to be true!

Carly and Carson arrived and we had a great visit. Although they had just come to Idaho in March for a visit, I was amazed at how much Carson had grown and changed! Here are a few pictures of the fun:
Top: Carson, Aunt Tia, me and Carly, chillin'..... Bottom: Carson, "Gamma", and mama Carly......

Here's a shot of the whole happy crew!
Sunday arrived too soon, and it was time for us to say goodbye to Josh and Tia. They will never realize how much they've given me in those few short days. I will never be able to adequately thank or re-pay them, and I'll never know what I did to have been blessed with such incredibly thoughtful, loving and amazing kids!

Telling my Joshie goodbye..

Our trip north was lots of fun. I always enjoy the conversations I have with my Carly, and of course, it's not a car trip without Carly and mom singing their hearts out. Of course, our duet has become a trio with Carson now chiming in perfectly. Carson's and my favorite song this trip was the Banana Boat Song, and he and I continued to sing "DAY-O!" long after mom wanted to hear it. We sang it until ...

"Daylight come and I want to go HOMMMME...."

Our trip ended too soon. However, we had arrived at Rick and Jen's house, and it was time for me to see my sweet granddaughter Maris and her daddy and mama. It was with a huge lump in my throat that I watched my sweet babies Carly and Carson drive away.....

2 comments:

  1. Oh good. you got the 'Carly needs a make-over' pics on there. I was hoping those would make it to the internet somehow. :)Love ya! Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts with family pictures. Your life is full of blessings!

    ReplyDelete