Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Inland Empire Girl recently posted a blog with a meme about books. She got it from the Peacock Blue blog. When I saw it, I knew I just had to give it a shot, so here goes. Mind you, my interests run in spurts. I am not currently in a reading spurt, and haven't been for awhile now. I really enjoy reading, so I'm hoping my reading spurt will spring to life again soon! Since IEG gave an open invitation to everyone to try this meme, I will do the same. And if you DO try it out, let me know! I'd like to read your list!

Four Childhood Books I've read:

1. Hans Brinker or The Silver Skates by Mary Mapes Dodge
2. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
3. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
4. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

Four “So-Called Classic” books read and never forgotten:


1. An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser
2. Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe by Charles Dickens
3. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
4. The Good Earth by Pearl S Buck

Four personal modern “Classic Novels”:


1. Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt (whoops, not a novel!)
2. The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janney
3. Schindler's Ark by Thomas Keneally
4. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

Four authors I've read again and again:

1. Lisa Scottoline
2. John Grisham
3. Gregg Olsen
4. John Steinbeck


Four authors or books I'll never read again... ever:

Believe it or not, I can't think of one!! (I KNOW!! Surprised me too!)

Four books on my “To-be-read-list":


1. The Guggenheims by Irwin and Debi Unger
2. The Summons by John Grisham
3. Feeling Good by David D Burns, M.D.
4. THE LAST LECTURE, by Randy Pausch with Jeffrey Zaslow

Three Non-Fiction Books and One Fiction book I’d take to a desert island:

1. The Bible
2. War & Peace by Leo Tolstoy (when else would I have time to read it??)
3. Letter to my Daughter by Maya Angelou
4. A Short History of the World by H.G. Wells

Four Book recommendations I have followed (and loved):

1. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
2. The Deep Dark by Gregg Olsen
3. Sources of the River by Jack Nisbet
4. My First 90 Years by Hap Murphy

The last lines of one of my favorite books:

"Her darling boy. The light and color of her declining years. She must be kind to him, more liberal with him not restrain him too much, as maybe, maybe, she had---She looked affectionately and yet a little vacantly after him as he ran. "For his sake."
The small company, minus Russell, entered the yellow, unprepossessing door and disappeared."

An American Tragedy - Theodore Dreiser

No comments:

Post a Comment