Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Lullaby

(Originally written in 2007)

My first child was born when I was very young. He had his days and nights turned around at a time in my life when I only wanted to SLEEP! Here is a lullaby I sang to him, handed down to me by my Grandma Hodges. I love it to this day:

I know why you're crying, I know why you're blue,
Someone took your kiddie car away,
You'd better go to sleep now...Little man, you've had a busy day.
You've been playing army, the battle has been won...The enemy is out of site,
Come on little general, put away your gun, The war is over for tonight.....
Time to stop your scheming, time your day was through...can't you hear the bugle softly play,
You'd better go to sleep now, little man you've had a busy day....

My son has children of his own now, and he STILL keeps pretty late nights, whether he needs to or not!
I guess lullabies aren't all they're cracked up to be!!

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet. Love ya. Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture.... you look like you just left sixth grade. You have always looked so young. Congrats on the nomination for your blog. I am going to vote right now!!

    ReplyDelete