Friday, March 20, 2009

Of Satirists and Cynics....(and cabbages and kings)


I've been blog-surfing lately (more like blog lurking (blurking?) and there are a lot of great blogs out there! There's a blog for just about every thing you could possibly imagine (which I'm sure you're aware of), but I think my favorites are those whose authors are cynics. Not caustics, mind you, but the WTF tongue-in-cheek folks who see something odd and are compelled to bring it to the attention of the rest of us.

There are a lot of people out there who hate cynics. They view them as mean or cruel. But I think that in fact, we all have a cynical streak in us. Don't tell me you've never at least rolled your eyes at something or someone you thought was silly or absurd beyond words! What I love about cynical blogs is the humor in them. A good cynic can make me laugh longer and louder than most comedians (with a few exceptions)! I think it's because I've secretly harbored the same view as the cynic, and was just never honest enough to bring it to attention for fear of "offending" someone!

Some of my favorite "cynically-themed" blogs are cynical only part of the time; most make it their primary theme. Visit this one and see if it doesn't make you smile... or this one....or maybe even this. If not one of them made you chuckle even a bit, remember this: Cynics force us to view things from a different perspective, which can lead to a broader understanding. And I think that's something the world could use right now, don't you?

8 comments:

  1. I like cynics too. I don't know if the blog links worked in the blog. Love Ya Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...they're working all right for me(?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the link! It's much appreciated, and I'm glad you like my site!

    <3,
    JuliaD
    http://www.homemadehilarity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I see. I wasn't looking to link off of the word. Hehe. I see them now. Love ya. Carly

    ReplyDelete
  5. JuliaD, you KNOW I love ya!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a million, Muddah! I'm so glad you like my silly blog. HH and FUP are two of my favorites as well. Cheers!

    P.S. I absolutely adore the Angelou quote on your sidebar. ADORE it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather Cherry, I LOVE your silly blog! Glad you like the quote. I love it, too. Describes me to a 'T'! I'll continue to "blurk" your site, girl. Your are AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! And I'm going to have to steal your new word "blurk."

    ReplyDelete