Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring
I'm shouting
I'm singing
I'm swinging through trees
I'm winging sky-high
With the buzzing black bees.
I'm the sun
I'm the moon
I'm the dew on the rose.
I'm a rabbit
Whose habit
Is twitching his nose.
I'm lively
I'm lovely
I'm kicking my heels.
I'm crying "Come dance"
To the freshwater eels.
I'm racing through meadows
Without any coat
I'm a gamboling lamb
I'm a light leaping goat
I'm a bud I'm a bloom
I'm a dove on the wing.
I'm running on rooftops
And welcoming spring!

Karla Kuskin

4 comments:

  1. Well, THANK YOU SVG! We can prance around together, at least 'til the end of the week :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I won't be able to do anything for the rest of the day except picture you gamboling and leaping across rooftops with your nose twitching and your heels kicking. I know exactly how you feel, but the mental picture is killin' me :) Ya know I love ya,
    Jeri

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAAA! Jeri,if anybody would know, YOU know that I'm an Olympic class gamboler!!

    ReplyDelete