Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Random Thoughts...

I was just thinking....You know how they say that when you die you'll be greeted on that heavenly shore by your dearly departed loved ones? I've been saved and I know I'm going to heaven, but I'm not without fault! I have to admit, I haven't been the best follower of the Lord at all times. So, I was just thinking....I've had some friendships/relationships with a number of things in my life. INanimate objects, like my car. Animate objects, like my dogs. I even had an odd friendship with a cat face spider this summer! What if there's a party going on when I get there and God sends my Camry down to greet me/drive me back to the goings on? What if I'm met at the pearly gates by no one other than my springer spaniel, Patch?! It would be a bit of a letdown, don't you think? Kind of like being met at the airport by no one.
Well, if I don't rate a full blown salute when I reach the pearly shores, Lord, I will totally understand. Like I said, I haven't been the best fish in the pond....The best sheep in the flock. But please, Lord, grant me one wish. Don't let me be greeted at the gate by that cat face spider!

No comments:

Post a Comment