Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Mother's Love

The Perfect Storm is a piece written by my daughter Carly. It's an analogy of her life with her beautiful son Carson, who is struggling with a yet-to-be-diagnosed disorder. They are precious to me and are both in my daily prayers. I know they and their doctors, with God's help, will be victorious over this horrible thing that seems to have consumed them....

The Perfect Storm

We head out on the ocean in a brand new sailboat.
I'm not quite sure I know how but this ship appears to float.
We merrily coast along, Enjoying the pleasant swell.
But shortly into our trip, I realize all is not well.

I see the storm clouds approaching, and the boat begins to rock.
My companion is my son, and he tragically needs a dock.
Lightning strikes around us, And I call out for help.
Several boats arrive, And relief is what I felt.

But as they throw a life line to my son to leave our barge,
He falls into the mighty beast, and the surge around grows large.
He is pulled under water, with me watching on the dinghy.
I reach out for his hand, but the beast pulls back strongly.

He bobs in the water, and I call again, 'SOS'!
More barges come to help, but their life rings miss.
Their lines are not long enough to snatch him back from the roar.
I see the beast's evil smile as it grows wilder than before.

Finally, one ring reaches him and I sigh with gratitude and thanks.
And as they get him to the ship, He slips again and sinks.
As he rises again I see it, I see the fear in his eyes.
He goes down again and a piece of me dies.
As he rises and falls, the ocean overtakes him.
I go into a panic as I reach for him again.
Now my biggest fear has come and I see the hole in my boat.
I bail out water with a tea cup, But I still have my hope.

Watching him with my eyes and scooping with my arms.
I'm sinking slowly, now we are both at harm.
His eyes now mimic the beast as the sea overtakes him.
I yell and scream to him to stay, 'Don't let your spirit dim!''

You're stronger than the tyrant, Please don't let it win.
I know you inside and out - Carson, learn to swim!
He paddles his arms, And kicks his feet.
He stares at me and screams, 'Mom, I will not be beat!'

He's almost overtaken, And right as I think he's gone.
I get a look in his eyes, I sigh, 'there is my son'.
I scream and yell at the brute, 'You cannot have him ever!
I'll fight for him until I die, I'll fight for him forever!'
'You are no match for a Mother's Love, And you will never have victory.
I'll find your weakness you monster, And we will win, you'll see!'
-C.K.Wainright





No comments:

Post a Comment